Sunday, March 27, 2011

Reluctant Organization

I do believe yesterday the final Christmas decorations came down.  Now, however, I have spent the weekend trying to efficiently combine and store the decorations.  My idea is to put them together by location and store them in LIFO order (last in, first out.)  However, I find myself ridiculously tied to the original boxes things came in or were stored in. 

Having more or less completed the task (final clean up still to be done, but that'll be another day) I'm not sure I've accomplished much more than replacing cardboard boxes that have served the purpose for lo these many years with plastic, see-through tubs that still have boxes of decorations in them.  And I'm not sure I've conserved any space; there are many things that have been stored in cupboards where they are used for decorating or put in tubs in the basement.  AND I put a bunch of stuff in a 3' x 3' box for the flea market.  Yet, the Christmas closet is filled to the gills.  What's wrong with this picture!!!

2 comments:

  1. You MUST get rid of the boxes that things come in unless you need them for identification or protection! This is what really saves room. I find organizing the Christmas stuff to be an ongoing project from year to year.
    You are definitely on the right track and I applaud you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really Marinell that posted that but evidently the google account is in Tom's name.

    ReplyDelete