Monday, January 28, 2013

Birthday Buzz

As the first day of my sixtieth year winds down, I'm sitting here with warm fuzzies in my being.  All four of us played the "train game" (Ticket to Ride) and had a great time.  Tom isn't big on games at all, but he joined Eva, Tommy and me, and I think he enjoyed it (well, that is to say he didn't suffer through the experience!)  We had a good time, and when it was over Tommy tentatively asked if anyone wanted to play again -- which I would have but it was close to 10:30 and the game takes at least an hour.  Instead the four of us sat in the family room, TV off, the three of them finishing their beers, and talked.

What a wonderful life I have -- so many warm wishes from so many people.  I have to say FB is good for the social networking it affords in the best sense of the concept.

Day started with Mass and a birthday chorus from the 15-20 bravehearts who came to morning Mass in spite of the inclement messy slippery weather.  The next eight hours brought ups and downs; downs only because of challenges that arose during the course of the business day, ups because of wonderful co-workers, a call from Claire and Dad (I do love the sound of my father's voice, in particular of all the voices I have known), and much, much more.  And the wonderful day was bookended with a warm, delightful text from my brother, who last year started the day off with a text!

I treasure that I am sitting here with a warm heart and a smile resident on my face, and wetness in my eyes for the blessings I have.

All good things around us, are sent from heaven above, so thank  the Lord, o thank the Lord, for all [whatever the rest of the words are from the song from Godspell!]

No comments:

Post a Comment